Hospital Operation

Hi Everyone.

This time last week I was going to hospital for my gall Bladder operation.

You will be pleased to know that all went well.

I arrived at the hospital at the allotted time. Received a warm welcome and shown to my single room to await the ‘procedure’.

My room was like a ‘hotel’ room ‘Was I going for a holiday?

I was visited by my Surgeon who reminded me of the Surgeon I worked with when doing my training in 1963/5. A portly gentlemen with grey hair wearing a smart suit. He said ‘I will see you in theatre’ I replied ‘but I won’t see you.’

Everyone was kind and put me at ease. Going to theatre we laughed and joked and then I was asleep. Took a while to get over the anaesthetic. Incidentally I was first on the list and did not return to my room until 3.30 p.m. My daughter was waiting.

The registrar came to see me and said the op. went very well and that there had been stones in the Gall Bladder. He said I could go home if I wanted. But I declined as I knew I was still very sleepy and to travel from Bridgend to Neath on the M4 was out of the question. But it did raise the question as to why they had said in the beginning I could not be done as a day case. I will find out at a later date. Now it was time for me to get better.

I came home the next day and have been looked after by my daughter. Wednesday she went back home and am now back on my own.

The first few days I could not do anything and now I am very slowly getting back to normal.

I do have very inconsiderate neighbours’ upstairs as the week before he suddenly decided to have our walls rendered. he’s responsible for the walls and I’ve been trying for ages to get him to get the work done. They have started work on Monday with banging/drilling ect. and looking out of my bedroom window is the scaffolding and all the stuff from the wall – its likes a building site. They are also using my electric for the drills as they they adamantly refuse to answer their knock so it can be plugged into their electric. Incidentally nobody in our street like them. There is dust everywhere and has come into my kitchen too.

So with this situation it is difficult to get better. One need peace and quiet and ones flowers to look at. yet they are very good workers. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday my daughter took me out in the car and my next blog I will tell you where we went.

So long everyone.


About marystreasurechest

Life provided me a long variety of experiences in skills, careers and hobbies. Countryside, nature, gardening, reading, cooking, knitting, cross-stitch. Originally from Reading/Newbury areas, now reside in S. Wales. Writing stories, telling tales of everyday life . Take a peep in my 'treasure chest' and enjoy your read. All work on this site is copyright of the owner
This entry was posted in Health and wellness, Illness, Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Hospital Operation

  1. mavimet says:

    Good to hear that all went well Mary. Too bad about the work going on at your home, but I am sure you are getting stronger and feeling better every day!

  2. Thanks yes each day I get a bit stronger.The noisy work has finished and the next part on the building is the quieter bit so won’t have to go out all day.

  3. I’m ever so glad things went well and you had a good experience with the NHS.
    Hope the noise has died down now and you are getting back to normal.
    All the best 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s